nutch-user mailing list archives

From Jason Manfield <rarish...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Nutch-general] using nutch just for crawling, not indexing?
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 22:03:57 GMT
Otis

Thanks for the pointer.

I suppose the Fetcher.java is the core guy reading contents from the URLs and dumping it to
different directories in the filesystem (via Fetcher.outputPage), right? In that case, can
this be intercepted (via my code changes locally) to dump the extracted contents into our
proprietary system? Are the segments created as part of the Fetcher or before the call to
the Fetcher?

Thanks

Jason

ogjunk-nutch@yahoo.com wrote:
Jason - this is perfectly doable -- I do this for my social bookmarking
project, Simpy.com

I think people tend to run Nutch using the nutch shell script that
comes with Nutch, but you can really call the Fetcher Java class
directly and programmatically yourself, as it has the main method. You
can do the same with the SegmentMergeTool. So, if you can write a Java
app, just call Nutch's Java classes the same way that the shell script
does.

I can't help you with reading Nutch's files with C#, but the source is
there, so you should be able to write file readers in C#.

Otis
Simpy -- simpy.com -- tags, social bookmarks, personal search engine