nutch-user mailing list archives

From Piotr Kosiorowski <pkosiorow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nutch - new public server
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 16:04:58 GMT
Hi,

I am sorry I cannot give you precise answer but I was not doing any
serious benchmarks. I do not have any numbers but some time ago I did
some experiments and it looked like Opterons were faster. Comparision
was done on indexing speed rather than searching and as far as I
remember they have different disk controllers (SATA/SCSI) so it is not
very meaningful test.
On stability - at the beginning I was really afraid about stability of
Opteron box - it failed regulary - but after finding out it was a
hardware problem (memory) - everything works without problems.

Regards,
Piotr