nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting properties in gora.properties
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 14:01:54 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently trying to complete NUTCH-902 and GORA-39 and kill two birds
with the one stone, however I've uprooted some more nasties which I'm now
trying to address. When configuring Nutchgora with Cassandra I'm getting
the following

lewis@lewis-01:~/ASF/nutchgora/runtime/local$ bin/nutch inject urls crawldb
InjectorJob: starting
InjectorJob: urlDir: urls
InjectorJob: org.apache.gora.util.GoraException: java.io.IOException:
java.io.IOException: Property with base name "servers" could not be found,
make sure to include this property in gora.properties file
    at
org.apache.gora.store.DataStoreFactory.createDataStore(DataStoreFactory.java:110)
    at
org.apache.gora.store.DataStoreFactory.createDataStore(DataStoreFactory.java:93)
    at
org.apache.nutch.storage.StorageUtils.createWebStore(StorageUtils.java:59)
    at org.apache.nutch.crawl.InjectorJob.run(InjectorJob.java:243)
    at org.apache.nutch.crawl.InjectorJob.inject(InjectorJob.java:268)
    at org.apache.nutch.crawl.InjectorJob.run(InjectorJob.java:282)
    at org.apache.nutch.crawl.InjectorJob.main(InjectorJob.java:292)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Property with base
name "servers" could not be found, make sure to include this property in
gora.properties file
    at
org.apache.gora.cassandra.store.CassandraStore.readMapping(CassandraStore.java:462)
    at
org.apache.gora.cassandra.store.CassandraStore.initialize(CassandraStore.java:91)
    at
org.apache.gora.store.DataStoreFactory.initializeDataStore(DataStoreFactory.java:81)
    at
org.apache.gora.store.DataStoreFactory.createDataStore(DataStoreFactory.java:104)
    ... 7 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Property with base name "servers" could not
be found, make sure to include this property in gora.properties file
    at
org.apache.gora.store.DataStoreFactory.findPropertyOrDie(DataStoreFactory.java:254)
    at
org.apache.gora.cassandra.store.CassandraStore.createClient(CassandraStore.java:394)
    at
org.apache.gora.cassandra.store.CassandraStore.readMapping(CassandraStore.java:425)
    ... 10 more

Can someone please explain a bit about what kind of properties we
can/should add to gora.properties for cassandra setup. I've tried editing
gora.properties as follows with no luck

#gora.sqlstore.jdbc.driver=org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
#gora.sqlstore.jdbc.url=jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/nutchtest
servers=localhost/127.0.0.1:9160

If there are any resources people are aware of on the net then I'll begin
getting my head around them.

Thanks in advance

Lewis

--