nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <chris.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: RSS-fecter and index individul-how can i realize this function
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 18:39:40 GMT
Guys,

 Sorry to be so thick-headed, but could someone explain to me in really
simple language what this change is requesting that is different from the
current Nutch API? I still don't get it, sorry...

Cheers,
  Chris

On 2/7/07 9:58 AM, "Doug Cutting" <cutting@apache.org> wrote:

> Renaud Richardet wrote:
>> I see. I was thinking that I could index the feed items without having
>> to fetch them individually.
>
> Okay, so if Parser#parse returned a Map<String,Parse>, then the URL for
> each parse should be that of its link, since you don't want to fetch
> that separately.  Right?
>
> So now the question is, how much impact would this change to the Parser
> API have on the rest of Nutch?  It would require changes to all Parser
> implementations, to ParseSegement, to ParseUtil, and to Fetcher.  But,
> as far as I can tell, most of these changes look straightforward.
>
> Doug

Chris A. Mattmann
Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
Staff Member
Modeling and Data Management Systems Section (387)
Data Management Systems and Technologies Group

Office: 171-266B                        Mailstop:  171-246