nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <chris.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: RSS-fecter and index individul-how can i realize this function
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 18:01:57 GMT
Hi Doug,

> Since the target of the link must still be indexed separately from the
> item itself, how much use is all this?  If the RSS document is
> considered a single page that changes frequently, and item's links are
> considered ordinary outlinks, isn't much the same effect achieved?

IMHO, yes. That's what it's been hard for me to understand the real use case
for what Gal et al. are talking about. I've been trying to wrap my head
around it, but it seems to me the capability they require is sort of already
provided...

Cheers,
  Chris

> Doug

Chris A. Mattmann
Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
Staff Member
Modeling and Data Management Systems Section (387)
Data Management Systems and Technologies Group

Office: 171-266B                        Mailstop:  171-246