nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Renaud Richardet <...@oslutions.com>
Subject Re: RSS-fecter and index individul-how can i realize this function
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 16:09:11 GMT
Chris Mattmann wrote:
> Guys,
>
>  Sorry to be so thick-headed, but could someone explain to me in really
> simple language what this change is requesting that is different from the
> current Nutch API? I still don't get it, sorry...

Currently, the RSS parser returns a single Parse object that aggregates
all all feeds entries, so one big Parse per RSS feed, say, fetching the
feed http://blog.foofactory.fi/atom.xml currently creates:

parse1:
Online indexing - integrating Nutch with Solr
There might be times when [...]
Website up
I got an extra burst of energy yesterday [...]
Sorted out
The Fetcher performance in post 0.7.x version of Nutch [...]

The proposed change would allow to return one Parse object per
feed-entry, so fetching the feed http://blog.foofactory.fi/atom.xml
would create:

parse1:
Online indexing - integrating Nutch with Solr
There might be times when [...]

parse2:
Website up
I got an extra burst of energy yesterday [...]

parse3:
Sorted out
The Fetcher performance in post 0.7.x version of Nutch [...]

And each would be indexed as a separate document. Does it makes sense?

Another application I can see: the zip-indexer will be able to return a
parse for each file in the archive.

Renaud