nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Dean <seand...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: NPE while fetching
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 00:59:14 GMT
This was corrected in Hadoop as per issue HADOOP-917, but I'm thinking some code in Nutch might
have to be changed also. I reported this issue (via mailing list) a while ago and I'm glad
it was fixed, but I have been purposely staying with revision 495214 of trunk which seems
to provide the best stability/performance.

----- Original Message ----
From: Gal Nitzan <gnitzan@usa.net>
To: nutch-dev@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 7, 2007 6:36:19 PM
Subject: NPE while fetching

Hi,

I experience NPE while fetching I use Nutch trunk (a week ago) with Hadoop
0.11.1

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Sorter$MergeQueue.merge(SequenceFile.java:
2392)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Sorter.merge(SequenceFile.java:2087)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$MapOutputBuffer.mergeParts(MapTask.java:498
)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$Child.main(TaskTracker.java:1372)

Any pointers to the cause?

Thanks,

Gal.