nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <chris.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: 0.8 release schedule (was Re: latest build throws error - critical)
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 19:58:48 GMT
Hi Andrzej,

On 4/7/06 12:18 PM, "Andrzej Bialecki" <ab@getopt.org> wrote:

> Do you guys have any additional insights / suggestions whether NUTCH-240
> and/or NUTCH-61 should be included in this release?

Looking at the JIRA popular issues pane for Nutch (
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.
system.project:popularissues-panel), I note that NUTCH-61 is the most
popular issue right now with 7 votes. Additionally, NUTCH-240 shares the 3rd
most votes (4) with NUTCH-134. So, all in all, there are 4 issues with >= 4
votes in JIRA. Of those 4 issues, 3 of them all have attached patches in
JIRA. Would it be safe to say that the committers should focus on committing
NUTCH-61, NUTCh-240, and NUTCH-48, since these 3 issues all have attached
patch files, and then freeze it for the 0.8.0 release? As for my own
opinion, I recently downloaded and reviewed NUTCH-61, and really like the
patch. +1 on my end. I haven't tried out NUTCH-240 yet, but it seems to be a
logical extension point for Nutch to be able to plug in different scoring
components. So, +1 from me.

Cheers,
  Chris

Chris A. Mattmann
Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
Staff Member
Modeling and Data Management Systems Section (387)
Data Management Systems and Technologies Group

Office: 171-266B                        Mailstop:  171-246