nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject CrawlDatum.metaData should never be null
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:40:35 GMT
Hi,

Per subject, I think it should follow the same pattern as other metadata
maps in ParseData and Content. Currently when we allocate new
CrawlDatum, metaData is null, which complicates the logic in all places
that want to handle metaData.

When CrawlDatum is serialized, we already check if metaData.size() > 0,
and if not then nothing is written out. So, it doesn't make much sense
to use null here - savings on the object creation are also minimal.

If there are no objections, I'll make the change to always allocate
metaData = new MapWritable(), whenever we create CrawlDatum.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><