nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: 0.8 release schedule (was Re: latest build throws error - critical)
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 20:16:08 GMT
Chris Mattmann wrote:
> opinion, I recently downloaded and reviewed NUTCH-61, and really like the
> patch. +1 on my end. I haven't tried out NUTCH-240 yet, but it seems to be a
> logical extension point for Nutch to be able to plug in different scoring
> components. So, +1 from me.

Thanks for looking at this.

NUTCH-240: the API has some warts, it would be nice to clean up the
passScore* methods before committing it - but this may involve changing
too much code that is not strictly related to this patch.

NUTCH-61: I can commit this, it's been lightly tested on a dozen or so
cycles of a small sample of urls. However, for some settings I've seen
cases when AdaptiveFetchPolicy would go haywire and increase
fetchInterval to infinity or to zero. So, this is really about whether
people want to be "blessed" with this patch whether they need it or not,
and weed out bugs as we go, or perhaps continue waiting for some
volunteers to test it on a larger scale / more cycles.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><