nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Add ".settings" to svn:ignore on root Nutch folder?
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 20:37:02 GMT

I'm a fan of automated testing and code analysis utilities, but I must
say they only make sense if people actually use them and look at their
results. So it's not really just about integration -- it's about looking
at the results of these tools. PMD is neat because it can simply
interrupt your build process so you'll have to either fix the warning or
explicitly mark it as ignored. With code coverage... I don't know. It's
up to you guys -- you spend much more time on Nutch code than I do and
you know best what is needed and what isn't.

Let me know about PMD. I'll create the patch tomorrow if there's a
consensus on if and how we should use it. For those impatient, the patch
is in the attachment. Place the required PMD JARs in lib/pmd-ext/ and
run 'ant pmd'.

D.