nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Add ".settings" to svn:ignore on root Nutch folder?
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 20:29:18 GMT

Ok, PMD seems like a good idea. I've added it to the build file. Unused
code detection shows a few catches (javacc-generated classes need to be
ignored because they contain a lot of junk), but unfortunately it also
displays false positives such as in:

MapWritable.java   429   {Avoid unused private fields such as
'fKeyClassId'}

This field is private but is used in an outside class (through a
synthetic accessor I presume, so a simple syntax tree analysis PMD does
is insufficient to catch it).

These things would need to be marked in the code as ignorable... Do you
want me to create a JIRA issue for this, Doug? Or should we drop the
subject? Oh, I forgot to say this: PMD's jars add a minimum of 1MB to
the codebase (Xerces can be reused).

D.