nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Add ".settings" to svn:ignore on root Nutch folder?
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 19:06:55 GMT

> One can presumably disable such minor warnings in Eclipse.  Arguably the
> bug is that Eclipse warns about such things by default, rather than in a
> 'pedantic' mode.

I agree -- some of them are really annoying. Plus, Eclipse has been
having notorious problems showing warnings for unused parameters in
overriden methods... But I still think some of the warnings can be
valuable and your idea with PMD is a good one.

> One caution: we have run into problems where includes were removed
> because a tool said they were unused, but they were required for the
> Javadoc.  So code-analysis tools are not infallible!

Eclipse deals with these properly -- I use it all the time. I believe it
also shows warnings for classes referenced in JavaDocs and not imported.

> I would not be opposed to integrating PMD or something similar into
> Nutch's build.xml.  What do others think?  Any volunteers?

I'll do it. I meant to see PMD anyway so it'll be a good exercise.

D.