nutch-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Mattmann" <chris.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject RE: plugin.dtd
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:28:45 GMT
Hi Stefan,

  The DTD actually does allow for custom attributes: Jerome factored them
out of the form:

<implementation
    <your_attr_name>="<your_attr_value>"
    <your_attr2_name>="<your_attr2_value>"

Into the form:

<implementation

<parameter name="<your_attr_name>" value="<your_attr_value>"/>
<parameter name="<your_attr2_name>" value="<your_attr2_value>"/>
</implementation>

See the difference? Using the parameter tags, we can have a generic DTD that
supports any parameter name and value. The other way, I had to go through
all the plugin.xml files, and then add them to the attlist for the
implementation tags, which probably isn't the way that we want to do it.
That way, you have to change the DTD every time you introduce a new
attribute to a plugin.xml file.

Thanks!

Cheers,
  Chris

Chris A. Mattmann
Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
Staff Member
Modeling and Data Management Systems Section (387)
Data Management Systems and Technologies Group

Office: 171-266B                        Mailstop:  171-246