nifi-users mailing list archives

From Shawn Weeks <swe...@weeksconsulting.us>
Subject RE: PutHiveQL Processor Connection
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2018 17:17:31 GMT
Looking at PutSQL it looks the same. I'm assuming I'm missing something somewhere because I
don't see where the connection acquired from the pool is ever closed.

Thanks
Shawn

From: Shawn Weeks <sweeks@weeksconsulting.us>
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2018 12:08 PM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: PutHiveQL Processor Connection

Realize this might be more of a dev question but in the PutHiveQL Processor it appears that
it acquires the connection object from the connection pool when the processor is first started
and then never releases or acquires the connection object again. This is based on rel/nifi-1.5.0
tag on GitHub. Is this the case and if it is what happens when that connection object is no
longer valid and how do we keep from using every connection from the pool?

This is all based on some research I'm doing because on my installation of 1.5.0 after 24
hours PutHiveQL quits working as it no longer has a valid Kerberos Ticket and I've been trying
to figure out why.

Thanks
Shawn