nifi-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Verhoeven <Kevin.Verhoe...@ds-iq.com>
Subject Why is a DistributedMapCacheServer started on every NiFi instance?
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 22:37:04 GMT
I run a NiFi 1.5.0 cluster with 12 instances. I would like to use a DistributedMapCacheServer
for the Wait/Notify processors, but I run more than one instance of NiFi on a server and when
I enable a DistributedMapCacheServer, the server fails to start with an address already in
use error. Why is a DistributedMapCacheServer started on EVERY NiFi instance? It is preferable
to me to run one centralized cache server for my cluster – and a client will only point
to one cache server. Is there a way to increment the port number or start the DistributedMapCacheServer
under different port numbers for each NiFi instance? An alternative would be to use a Redis
server as a cache server, but I had hoped to avoid running Redis. Has anyone come across this
problem? Any recommendations?

Kevin