nifi-users mailing list archives

From Ryan H <ryan.howell.developm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access Nifi 1.5
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2018 23:54:25 GMT
Hi Sean,

As a workaround, you can place NGINX (or something else like HAProxy) in
front of your NiFi instance which can proxy incoming requests to your NiFi
node. From what I understand, whatever you set as the 'http.web.host' is
what Jetty will bind to when spinning up and incoming request Host headers
will be checked against that address. So if your NiFi is bound to some ip,
say 1.2.3.4 (nifi.http.web.http.host=1.2.3.4) but you are trying to access
via www.your-nifi.com (some FQDN), then there will be a Host header
mis-match and 1.5 will complain. Right, wrong, or indifferent, this is what
we did to work around this issue for now.

Here is an example NGINX config snippet (very incomplete, but should give
the gist):

server {
        listen 80;
        server_name www.your-nifi.com;