nifi-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Doran <kdoran.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Nifi installation on a new EC2
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 16:05:51 GMT
Hi Manish,

NiFi Documentation can be found here [1]. Of particular relevance to you is likely the Getting
Started [2] and Admin Guide [3] sections.

Installation to your EC2 instance will depend on what AMI you are running, but assuming you
are using a Linux-based AMI it should be fairly straightforward following the steps in those
guides. Likely the only dependency you will have to install is Java 8 (last I checked, the
standard Amazon Linux distros have Java 7 installed by default, but a the java-1.8.0-openjdk
package is available in the default package repositories). Again, this will depend on the
AMI you are using, which may / may not have Java 8.

A browser is not required to be installed on the EC2 instance running NiFi; it is only required
on the client machine(s) that you will use to access the NiFi UI.

Once you have the dependencies installed, download NiFi [4] and follow the steps for installing,
configuring, and running in the aforementioned documentation. If you run into any trouble,
post back to this list.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs.html