nifi-users mailing list archives

From "Uwe Geercken" <uwe.geerc...@web.de>
Subject Aw: Re: QueryDatabaseTable - Deleted Records
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2017 06:38:03 GMT
12.0px;"><div>

- and I can not change the source easily (takes long - is expensive).</div>

I will try to build my use case around something else then.</div>

solid #C3D9E5; word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;">
2017 um 16:15 Uhr<br/>

Typically you need to process the change log of the database in this<br/>
case, which unfortunately usually becomes database specific.<br/>
I believe we have a processor CaptureChangeMySQL that can process the<br/>
MySQL change log.<br/>
-Bryan<br/>
On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 1:39 PM, Uwe Geercken &lt;uwe.geercken@web.de&gt; wrote:<br/>
&gt; Hello,<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; apparently the QueryDatabaseTable processor catches changes made to the data<br/>
&gt; of the source database - updates and inserts.<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; Has anybody a good idea or strategy how to handle deletes in the source<br/>
&gt; database? Of course one could flag a record as deleted instead of phisically<br/>
&gt; deleting it. But this means changing the source system in many cases and<br/>
&gt; that is sometimes not possible. And yes, if you process the change log (if<br/>
&gt; available) of the source system that is also a good option.<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; Would be greatful for any tips or a best practive of how you do it.<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; Rgds,<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; Uwe</div>