nifi-users mailing list archives

From Aruna Sankaralingam <Aruna.Sankaralin...@Cormac-Corp.com>
Subject RE: [EXT] New to Nifi - Failed to update database due to a failed batch update
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2017 14:23:01 GMT
I am not sure I understand. This is how my CSV looks.

[cid:image001.png@01D336B1.6BDCCC60]

-----Original Message-----
From: Koji Kawamura [mailto:ijokarumawak@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2017 8:19 PM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Cc: karthi keyan
Subject: Re: [EXT] New to Nifi - Failed to update database due to a failed batch update

Hi Aruna,

The placeholders in your ReplaceText configuration, such as '${city_name}' are NiFi Expression
Language. If the incoming FlowFile has such FlowFile Attributes, those can be replaced with
FlowFile Attribute values. But I suspect FlowFile doesn't have those attributes since ReplaceText
is connected right after FetchS3Object.

You need to extract values from FlowFile content into FlowFile attribute somehow, for example,
if the data fetched from S3 is a JSON, use EvaluateJsonPath before ReplaceText.

BTW, I think you don't need to use FetchS3Object because PutS3Object passes the data object
to its 'success' relationship. You can connect 'success' relationship to downstream flow like:

PutS3Object -> EvaluateJsonPath -> ReplaceText -> PutSQL

Also if you can upgrade NiFi to 1.3.0, PutDatabaseRecord can make the flow simpler and more
efficient:

PutS3Objecct -> PutDatabaseRecord (with arbitrary RecordReader)

Thanks,

Koji

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 12:47 AM, Aruna Sankaralingam <Aruna.Sankaralingam@cormac-corp.com<mailto:Aruna.Sankaralingam@cormac-corp.com>>