nifi-users mailing list archives

From James McMahon <jsmcmah...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to restart nifi service
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 18:20:36 GMT
About a half hour ago my Nifi UI hung, and in the log I found this error:

ERROR [Provenance Repository Rollover Thread-2] o.a.n.p.
PersistentProvenanceRepository
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

I was unable to get the UI to respond.

I went to my command line and executed   service nifi restart

My Nifi log shows a last message of org.apache.nifi.BootstrapListener
Successfully initiated connection with Bootstrap

but I have been waiting for fifteen minutes and no further messages are
posted. I'm not sure whether this is simply taking long to review
provenance records, or hung.

What can I do to get my production workflows back up and running?   -Jim