nifi-users mailing list archives

From Koji Kawamura <ijokaruma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Slow FTP and SFTP nifi transfer rates
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 05:45:17 GMT
Hello Gino,

Thanks for sharing your findings on FTP performance.

How did you measure send rate from NiFi to your FTP server?

Sending multiple FlowFiles would provide less throughput compared to
sending one big FlowFile, as PutFTP and PutSFTP make connection to
each incoming FlowFile. The overhead of establishing connection each
time might be the performance difference you see with mput command.

Those processors can decide which FTP servers to use based on incoming
FlowFiles' attribute when NiFi Expression Language is used.

If that's the case, there are some room for performance improvement by
keeping underlying FTP(S) client instance so that it can be reused
among multiple onTrigger() call.

A possible work-around would be using MergeContent beforehand and send
it as a single file, if your use-case allows that.

Thanks,
Koji