nifi-users mailing list archives

From Lou Tian <tian.lou....@gmail.com>
Subject Dynamic property values implementation in customized processor (too much rest call)
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 09:01:12 GMT
Hi All,

I have some questions for customized processor, especially the method
getSupportedPropertyDescriptors().

*Senario*:
In the customized processor, I added a new property*.* The values for the
this property is fetched remotely by a rest call which will show a popup
list.

*Implementation*
To define the property, the getSupportedPropertyDescriptors() is override.
And inside the method, the rest call is used to fetch the allowedvalues.
But I found that the method getSupportedPropertyDescriptors() was called so
frequent, like every second(or 20 calls/s, cause we have more customized
processors). The rest service has too much pressure.

*My questions:*
1) When will the method getSupportedPropertyDescriptors() be called? I
thought it was in the lifecycle init(), but seems not. Is it time-driven
which is already defined in the NIFI?

2) When will the method getSupportedDynamicPropertyDescriptor() be called?

2) Do you have good suggestions for the dynamic property values? There is a
method getSupportedDynamicPropertyDescriptor(). But the allowed values are
not updated on time although rest call got the correct values.

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Kind Regards,

Tian Lou