nifi-users mailing list archives

From Juan Sequeiros <helloj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Provenance Event Use Cases?
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2017 21:23:05 GMT
Simon,

We use NIFI's data provenance capabilities, to track the like cycle of a
"flowFile" / data object as it goes through its system lifecycle. ( LINEAGE
)
We also use it for troubleshooting as we can see the nifi attributes (
metadata ) and its content ( if configured )

You can also use provenance to "replay" your data at specific points during
its dataflow life cycle.

Please reference similar answer given on stackoverflow by Joe Witt [1]
I also recommend reading Apache NIFI in depth which has a good provenance
section [2]

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38948494/what-is-the-purpose-of-data-provenance-in-apache-nifi-processors
[2] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/nifi-in-depth.html