nifi-users mailing list archives

From Wes Lawrence <wesleyll...@gmail.com>
Subject Preserve or replace 'state' directory during upgrade - NiFi 1.1.2
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2017 23:07:17 GMT
I just wanted to confirm something, but I couldn't find anything online.

A lot of docs that talk about setting NiFi up from a System Admin's
point-of-view, mention changing config to move several folders out of the
NiFi root dir. These typically include all 4 repositories, as well as files
like the flow.xml.gz.

I see most guide leave the 'work' dir in place, so I assume when a new
version comes out, nothing is lost if 'work' is deleted.

However, I'm not sure about the 'state' dir. Should this exist outside of
the root dir, if the idea is to replace NiFi's root dir with a new version,
or does it also get re-built like 'work'? Does it make a difference when
running single node vs (master-less) cluster?

Thanks for any advice in advance,
--Wes