nifi-users mailing list archives

From Oleg Zhurakousky <ozhurakou...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: ExecuteStreamCommand Zombie
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 12:53:11 GMT
Olav

The fact that the processor does not detect the dead process that was initiated by it does
appear to be a bug. Would you mind raising JIRA - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI
so we can take a look.

Cheers
Oleg
On Mar 1, 2017, at 7:29 PM, Olav Jordens <Olav.Jordens@2degreesmobile.co.nz<mailto:Olav.Jordens@2degreesmobile.co.nz>>
wrote:

Hi Nifi lovers,

I have just seen this situation for the first time. I run a .sh script using ExecuteStreamCommand
which usually takes a few minutes. Today, I noticed that the resulting flow had not produced
anything for almost a day. Then I checked on my Linux box and saw that the .sh script had
been running for almost a day. Something must have been wrong here, so killed the process
from the command line. However, the Nifi processor will not stop. I eventually copied and
replaced the components of the flow and all is working again, but the Zombie still won’t
die in Nifi. I am sure that if I restart the Nifi process, all will be resolved, but thought
that you may wish to see this screenshot, and consider if ExecuteStreamCommand could detect
the process being killed and then stop running. Here is an image of a portion of the flow
– on the left the zombie, and on the right, the copy-pasted components working fine.

<image001.png>

Thanks!
Olav

Olav Jordens
Senior ETL Developer
Two Degrees Mobile Limited
===========================
(M) 022 620 2429
(P) 09 919 7000
www.2degreesmobile.co.nz<http://www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/>
<image4e0cd2.JPG>
Two Degrees Mobile Limited | 47-49 George Street | Newmarket | Auckland | New Zealand |
PO Box 8355 | Symonds Street | Auckland 1150 | New Zealand | Fax +64 9 919 7001

<image98a2b7.PNG> <imagef71454.PNG> <image346a7b.PNG> <image405a68.PNG>

________________________________

Disclaimer
The e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may contain privileged or
copyright information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute,
or use this e-mail or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify
us of the error. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately,
by email or phone (+64 9 919 7000) and delete this email from your system. Any views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Two Degrees Mobile Limited. We do not guarantee that this material
is free from viruses or any other defects although due care has been taken to minimize the
risk