nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Load balancing in remote process group
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2016 14:11:26 GMT
Hi Selvam,

If you have a two node cluster and stop one of the nodes, wouldn't all the
data be going to the one node that is up?

I think an easy test would be to have a GenerateFlowFile processor
scheduled to run every 5 seconds going to the RPG, from the receiving Input
Port send it to a LogAttribute processor, then watch the logs of each
instances and see if it evenly round robins between the two.

There is some factor of load that is considered when balancing the data,
meaning send less data to a node that already has a lot of processing
happening, maybe others could provide more insight on the details of that

-Bryan