nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Controller services in nifi 1.0
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 18:51:11 GMT
Hello,

The main reason to create a controller service in the controller settings
is when a reporting task needs to reference it.
Because reporting tasks are outside the flow, the controller services they
reference have to be outside the flow.

For example, the SiteToSiteProvenanceReportingTask uses a SSLContextService
which would be created at the controller level.

The reason other controller services are associated with process groups is
related to the new security model...
Users might only be given access to a particular process group, and
therefore they should only see the controller services being used in that
process group.

Thanks,

Bryan