nifi-users mailing list archives

From Manish Gupta 8 <mgupt...@sapient.com>
Subject Processor to enrich attribute from external service
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 21:47:13 GMT
Hello Everyone,

Is there a processor that we can use for updating/adding an attribute of an incoming flow
file from some external service (say MongoDB or Couchbase or any RDBMS)? The processor will
use the attribute of incoming flow file, query the external service, and simply modify/add
an additional attribute of flow-file (without touching the flow file content).

If we have to achieve this kind of "lookup" operation (but only to update attribute and not
the content), what are the options in NiFi?
Should we create a custom processor (may be by taking GetMongo processor and modifying its
code to update an attribute with query result)?

Thanks,
Manish