nifi-users mailing list archives

From "Tarou, Kirk" <Kirk.Ta...@VerizonWireless.com>
Subject Strategy To collect from hundreds of servers?
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 21:38:55 GMT
I'm trying to transition my data collection from a variety of configuration files and scripts
running in cron to NiFi.

Given the hundreds of servers I have to collect from, creating a flow for each server and
data type would be very time consuming. Even utilizing templates, creating everything in the
GUI would take too long.

I've considered writing a script that uses the API to generate the flows, but I'm concerned
that it will be difficult to make changes without deleting whole sections of my flow and regenerating
them.

I've written a few custom processors, so I'm considering building what I need on my own and
leveraging the existing processors when I can.

If anyone else has done something similar and would be willing to share their strategy, I'd
really appreciate it.

-Kirk