nifi-users mailing list archives

From Mike Harding <mikeyhard...@gmail.com>
Subject NiFi global variables / persisting state outside of a pipeline
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 10:38:45 GMT
Hi All,

I have a mapping table stored in hive that maps an ID to a readable name
string. When a JSON object enters my nifi pipeline as a flowfile I want to
be able to inject the readable name string into the JSON object. The
problem is currently as each flowfile enters the pipe I have to make a
SelectHiveQL call tofirst get the lookup table data and store as attributes.

Is there a way I can load the lookup table data once or on a periodic basis
into nifi (as a global variable/attribute) to save having to make the
select call for each flowfile which translates to 1000's of calls a minute?

Thanks,
Mike