nifi-users mailing list archives

From Conrad Crampton <conrad.cramp...@SecData.com>
Subject Re: How to deal with decimals while they're not supported?
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 06:59:50 GMT
HI,
Can you coerce to a string, take the numbers after the decimal point and use that? So a similar
logic to multiplying by 10 then doing the comparison. Obviously have to revert back to number
to do the actual comparison though.
Haven’t tested but something like…
myAttr:toString():substringAfter(‘.’):toNumber():lt(1)
Conrad

From: Stéphane Maarek <stephane.maarek@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, 12 August 2016 at 01:16
To: "users@nifi.apache.org" <users@nifi.apache.org>
Subject: How to deal with decimals while they're not supported?

Hi,

I have a flow in which I extract an attribute from json using jsonpath. That attribute happens
to be a decimal number (0.123). I wanted to do a simple operation such as myAttr:lt(0.1) but
obviously that won't work. What also won't work is myAttr:multiply(10):lt(1). I'm kinda stuck
and I really need this logic to be working. What do you advise as a workaround?

Also, I've seen there is a JIRA for this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1662
but stuff hasn't moved much since it first appeared. Not sure if it got de-prioritized or
something

Congrats on the 1.0.0 beta, it looks great !!

Cheers,
Stephane

***This email originated outside SecureData***

Click here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/MZbqvYs5QwJvpeaetUwhCQ==> to report this email
as spam.

SecureData, combating cyber threats
The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and
confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or
use of this communications is strictly prohibited. The views expressed in this email are those
of the individual and not necessarily of SecureData Europe Ltd. Any prices quoted are only
valid if followed up by a formal written quote.

SecureData Europe Limited. Registered in England & Wales 04365896. Registered Address:
SecureData House, Hermitage Court, Hermitage Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9NT