nifi-users mailing list archives

From Mariama Barr-Dallas <mbarrdal...@gmail.com>
Subject Posting Process Group Entity JSON via Rest API
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2016 15:27:30 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to create a Process Group by posting within the request a
ProcessGroupEntity JSON object. I created the ProcessGroupEntity JSON by
doing a previous get request, and I keep getting back a "Message body is
malformed. Unable to map into expected format" error.

I have been able to use this method successfully before with creating
ProcessEntities and ConnectionEntities and changing certain fields
accordingly through trial and error. The error was solved in these
instances by deleting the id field and specifying parentGroupIds (for
ConnectionEntities) before posting.

My question is are there certain fields that should not be in the
ProcessGroupEntity when sending a post request? I suspect this to be the
source of the error.
Where can I find a list/documentation of those fields? I have looked on the
main Nifi Rest API page, and for all of the Entities it says that all of
the fields are 'optional' but I have not found this to be the case.