nifi-users mailing list archives

From Mark Payne <marka...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Large queues in Output Port
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 18:54:41 GMT
Hi Kevin,

Do you have backpressure configured on the connection out of the Output Port?
I would guess that it's not your Output Port that is having problems but rather that
the Processor downstream from the Output Port is not keeping up, which results in
the FlowFiles queuing up there.

Thanks
-Mark

> On Jul 8, 2016, at 2:36 PM, Kevin Verhoeven <Kevin.Verhoeven@ds-iq.com> wrote:
>
> I often end up with large queues (often over 10,000 flowfiles) in Output Ports used throughout
my workflows to move from one Processor Group to another. I was under the impression that
Output Ports were mostly a way to organize Processors within Processor Groups and I didn't
think they actually moved flowfiles. Is there a way to improve the throughput of Output Ports
or have I confused their function? What could be causing this bottleneck?