nifi-users mailing list archives

From Keith Lim <Keith....@ds-iq.com>
Subject Re: Scheduling using CRON driven on Windows OS
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 17:44:24 GMT
Thanks for pointing this out.  My bad for not referring to the NiFi documentation.   When I
saw the Cron Driven and presented with the default "* * * * * ?", my instinct was to reference
a standard Linux/Unix Cron format.

Thanks,
Keith

________________________________
From: Bryan Bende <bbende@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 10:19 AM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: Scheduling using CRON driven on Windows OS

Also, the user guide has a description of the scheduling strategies which described the cron
format:

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#scheduling-tab

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Pierre Villard <pierre.villard.fr@gmail.com<mailto:pierre.villard.fr@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi Keith,

This is the expected behavior, the first parameter is indeed seconds so that */5 * * * * ?
will generate a FF every 5 seconds.
In your case, I believe you'd like something like 00 02 10 * * ?

Hope this helps.

My GenerateFlowFile processor is enabled and started

with

Scheduling Strategy: Cron Driven

Run Schedule : 02 10 * * * ?

This I expects to generate a flow file daily at 10:02 am, but from my limited test, it seems
to take the second parameter as minutes, and generate a flowfile hourly at 10 minutes after
the hour, e.g. 10:10, 11:10, 12:10, 13:10...

Perhaps there is a bug in parsing system date format?

Attached is a simple template that I am using for testing.

Thanks,
Keith