nifi-users mailing list archives

From Conrad Crampton <conrad.cramp...@SecData.com>
Subject Re: Spark or custom processor?
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 13:53:59 GMT
Bryan, thanks for this. I wasn’t’ aware of the nuances between UDP and TCP syslog streams.
The RPG approach certainly makes my head hurt every time I refer back to it so certainly would
simplify things – and also remove the single point of failure with processing on primary
node only (but introducing another one by way of UDP load balancer).
Cheers
Conrad

From: Bryan Bende <bbende@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 2 June 2016 at 14:47
To: "users@nifi.apache.org" <users@nifi.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Spark or custom processor?

In addition to what Mark said, regarding getting the logs into NiFi...

I've found that when syslog servers forward messages over TCP, they typically open a single
connection, so in this case sending to the primary node probably makes sense.

If you are forwarding over UDP, you might be able to stick a UDP load balancer in front of
of NiFi so that the logs are being routed to the ListenSyslog on each node, and then you wouldn't
need the RPG.

Just something to think about.

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Mark Payne <markap14@hotmail.com<mailto:markap14@hotmail.com>>