nifi-users mailing list archives

From Matt Gilman <matt.c.gil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Workflow monitoring/notofications
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 12:29:15 GMT
Igor,

You have a couple options.

1) You could write a Reporting Task that does this. We already offer a
Reporting Task that logs component status to a log file [1].

2) You could use the REST API to get the status. The endpoint in question
would be

/nifi-api/controller/process-groups/{process-group-id}/status
?recursive=[true|false]

When recursive is set to false, this call will return the status for all
child components of the specified Process Group. When recursive is set to
true, this call will return the status for all descendent components of the
specified Process Group. You'll need to interpret the response to extract
the particular component you're interested it. In the upcoming 1.0.0
release we will offer component specific endpoints to avoid having to
retrieve by group.

Matt

[1] *https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/0.x/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-standard-bundle/nifi-standard-reporting-tasks/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/controller/ControllerStatusReportingTask.java