nifi-users mailing list archives

From Mark Payne <marka...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: UI performance slow
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 19:00:55 GMT
Conrad,

Just to provide a bit of clarification, when Matt says "You can enable additional logging
on the NCM", this is done by
adding the following to your $NIFI_HOME/conf/logback.xml on the NCM:

<logger name="org.apache.nifi.cluster.manager.impl.HttpRequestReplicatorImpl" level="DEBUG"
/>

Thanks
-Mark

> On Mar 3, 2016, at 1:26 PM, Matt Gilman <matt.c.gilman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Conrad,
>
> That spinner icon appears anytime there is an outstanding HTTP request. In clustered
mode, that request is received by the NCM and then replicated to each node. Once each node
has responded a response is returned to the user. The requests in your case could have been
slowed by a number factors. Obviously, the response to the user will only be as fast as the
response from the slowest node. Additionally, if the request was mutable (would change the
flow) it could have been slowed by other requests.

> If you continue seeing issues, you can enable additional logging on the NCM and each
node to print the response times and identify where exactly things are sluggish.

> Matt
>
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 6:58 AM, Conrad Crampton <conrad.crampton@secdata.com <mailto:conrad.crampton@secdata.com>>
wrote:
> Hi
> Not using NAS mounts. Direct file system. The performance appears to have improved (magically)
with use – might be a javascript loading issue when I first started it. Hopefully this was
the cause and not something more onerous.
> Thanks for the suggestion – good to know in any case.
> I’ll re-post in this thread if it comes back.
> Regards
> Conrad
>
> From: Jeremy Dyer <jdye64@gmail.com <mailto:jdye64@gmail.com>>
> Date: Thursday, 3 March 2016 at 11:54
> To: "users@nifi.apache.org <mailto:users@nifi.apache.org>" <users@nifi.apache.org
<mailto:users@nifi.apache.org>>
> Subject: Re: UI performance slow
>
> Conrad,
>
> I have seen this a few times before. NiFi has an internal actions H2 database where it
stores each update made to the workflow. Usually when this happens the culprit is the UI is
waiting on this operation to complete. You wouldn't happen to be using NAS mounts for your
"database_repository" would you?

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 3, 2016, at 5:37 AM, Conrad Crampton <conrad.crampton@SecData.com <mailto:conrad.crampton@secdata.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I have just upgraded my 6 node cluster to 0.5.1 and am experiencing slow performance
in the UI.
>> I can’t necessarily attribute this to the upgrade because:
>> I didn’t use the cluster particularly very much as I was developing/ testing on
my laptop, so I don’t know what performance was like before.
>> I have increased the number of nodes in the cluster from 3 to 6 (just because I introduced
Ansible into the mix to ease deployment)
>> The issues I am experiencing are simple things like dragging processors around, opening
up dialogs (template list etc.). When doing these actions, I get the little spinning circle
next to the ‘stats last refreshed’ time. Causing the UI experience to be a bit unhelpful.

>> Anyone suggest some things to check to improve this?
>>
>> I am using the default bootstrap.conf file without any changes (other than run.as
<http://run.as/>=)

>> Thanks
>> Conrad
>>

>> SecureData, combating cyber threats
>>
>> The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged
and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are
not the intended recipient any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination
or use of this communications is strictly prohibited. The views expressed in this email are
those of the individual and not necessarily of SecureData Europe Ltd. Any prices quoted are
only valid if followed up by a formal written quote.

>> SecureData Europe Limited. Registered in England & Wales 04365896. Registered
Address: SecureData House, Hermitage Court, Hermitage Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9NT