nifi-users mailing list archives

From Mark Payne <marka...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: NPE in ExtractText
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 12:28:25 GMT
Conrad,

What version of NiFi are you running?

There was a bug that was introduced to the latest 'master' branch a few days
ago that caused this, but it has since been fixed. If you are using an already released
version, then we will obviously need to dig a little deeper.

Thanks
-Mark

> On Mar 16, 2016, at 8:01 AM, Conrad Crampton <conrad.crampton@SecData.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I’m getting repeated NullPointerException reported for an ExtractText processor (processing
the resultant splits from a ListenSyslog) thus:

> datanode2-cm1.mis-cds.local:9092ExtractText[id=4372efbf-efcf-3065-acd4-b8fdb91d64fb]
ExtractText[id=4372efbf-efcf-3065-acd4-b8fdb91d64fb] failed to process due to java.lang.NullPointerException;
rolling back session: java.lang.NullPointerException

> The same error appears for each node in my cluster too so not specific to one node.
> I have enabled additional logging for ExtractText processor (I think) by adding
>
> <logger name="org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.ExtractText" level=“DEBUG" additivity="false">
>         <appender-ref ref="USER_FILE"/>
>  </logger>
>
> To each logback.xml on each node, but this doesn’t give any more details as to why
the NPE.
> Flowflies are getting through the processor but concerned about the errors as clearly
something isn’t correct so suggestions welcome.

> Thanks
> Conrad
>

> SecureData, combating cyber threats
>
> The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged
and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are
not the intended recipient any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination
or use of this communications is strictly prohibited. The views expressed in this email are
those of the individual and not necessarily of SecureData Europe Ltd. Any prices quoted are
only valid if followed up by a formal written quote.

> SecureData Europe Limited. Registered in England & Wales 04365896. Registered Address:
SecureData House, Hermitage Court, Hermitage Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9NT