nifi-users mailing list archives

From Joe Skora <jsk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with PutS3Object processor
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2016 20:20:49 GMT
I spoke to Joseph off list, he is not using Amazon but an S3 compatible
back-end that authenticates request differently than Amazon.  Adding
credentials to his request eliminated the error message.

The underlying AWS library assumes an Amazon back-end which does not
require the date header for anonymous requests and without credentials it
assumes it is an anonymous request.  Though it doesn't require them, this
backend can use Amazon credentials and doing so fixes the problem.

I'll look into more testing with other non-Amazon S3 compatible platforms
and into finer grained control over the library behaviors.  But, it seems
reasonable that the Amazon library might not accommodate deviation from the
anticipated AWS S3 behaviors.