nifi-users mailing list archives

From "West, Joshua" <Josh_W...@bose.com>
Subject Re: Nifi 0.50 and GetKafka Issues
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2016 21:47:36 GMT
Hi Oleg,

Hmm -- from what I can tell, this isn't a Zookeeper communication issue.  Nifi is able to
connect into the Kafka brokers' Zookeeper cluster and retrieve the list of the kafka brokers
to connect to.  Seems, from the logs, to be a problem when attempting to consume from Kafka
itself.

I'm guessing that the Kafka 0.9.0 client libraries just are not compatible with Kafka 0.8.2.1
so in order to use Nifi 0.5.0 with Kafka, the Kafka version must be >= 0.9.0.

Any change Nifi could add backwards compatible support for Kafka 0.8.2.1 too?  Let you choose
which client library version, when setting up the GetKafka processor?

--
Josh West <josh_west@bose.com>
Bose Corporation