nifi-users mailing list archives

From Juan Sequeiros <helloj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: polling nifi status -- nifi reports not running every 10 to 20 min
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 16:34:41 GMT
Good afternoon,

We monitor our instance through a cron and checking its command output
using service nifi status.

I can only assume that you might have external factors causing the result
to not meet true.
I suggest that you also send the return result to a file to inspect it
closer.

So if you expect "NiFi is currently running" then when it fails I would see
what output was written to a file and see what is there.

And alternative is to monitor it through the nifi API:

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/rest-api

There is a GET /controller/status

Or you can configure a notification service to email its status.

--
Juan Carlos Sequeiros