nifi-users mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nifi Benchmark/Performance tests
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 22:33:47 GMT
Mans,

There aren't any published benchmarks but we really do need to do
this.  We really would like to get access to a variety of system types
to help with this.  But in the mean time some high level expectations
for something like a raspberry pi would be thousands of events per
second for a total of 10-20MB/s of throughput (with full provenance).
On something like a macbook expect 10,000 events per second for 30+
MB/s of throughput.  For something like a medium size server or
something in EC2/Azure/etc.. with decent IOPs expect many 10s of
thousands if not well north events/sec for again 40+MB/s of
throughput.  Tricky bit here is that you can add multiple partitions
for content and prov data which can also result in significant
throughput gains.

Thanks
Joe