nifi-users mailing list archives

From Jennifer Barnabee <jennifer.barna...@gmail.com>
Subject Dataflow Design Help
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 00:22:44 GMT
Hi All,
I was wondering what mechanisms folks might have used in their dataflows to
handle a sort of return-to-sender type scenario. The idea is that you use
NiFi to receive your data and check it for certain must-haves. Then, for
any data that doesn't have key items, you reject it in an automated way to
tell the sender to fix it and resend it. Say, for example, it's a
registration of some sort for a person, but their email address is missing.

Right now, we are doing this rejection report manually. In addition to
handling our incoming data feeds and splitting them/routing them as needed,
we'd also like to add this checking/rejection automation.

Has anyone dealt with this? Would you be willing to describe how you did it?

Thanks.
-Jenn