nifi-users mailing list archives

From Jeff <j.007...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NiFi flow provides 0 output on large files
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2015 12:50:24 GMT

Hi Aldrin,

After the DDA_Processor

The below image shows that the GetFile Processed 174.6 MB and the DDA_Processor is working
on 1 file (the 1 in the upper right of the DDA_Processor box)

The below image shows that the DDA_Processor is complete but data did not make it to ConvertJSONtoAvro.
 No errors are being generated.  DDA_Processor takes fixed width data and converts it to JSON.

Thanks

> On Sep 25, 2015, at 7:30 AM, Aldrin Piri <aldrinpiri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Jeff,
>
> With regards to:
>
> "Anything over, the GetFile and DDA_Processor shows data movement but the no other downstream
processor shows movement."

> Are you referencing downstream processors starting immediately after the DDA_Processor
(ConvertJsonToAvro) or starting immediately after the ConvertJsonToAvro processor?

> In the case of starting immediately after the DDA Processor, as it is a custom processor,
we would need some additional information as to how this processor is behaving.  In the case
of the second condition, if you have some additional context as to the format of the data
that is problematic to what you are seeing (the effective "schema" of the JSON) would be helpful
in tracking down the issue.

> Thanks!
> Aldrin
>
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 8:22 AM, Jeff <j.007ba7@gmail.com <mailto:j.007ba7@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>

> I have a flow that does the following;
>
> GetFile > DDA_Processor > ConvertJSONToAvro > UpdateAttribute > PutFile
>
> My source file has 182897 rows at 1001 bytes per row.  If I do any number of rows under
~15000 an output file is created.  Anything over, the GetFile and DDA_Processor shows data
movement but the no other downstream processor shows movement.

> I confirmed that it is not a data problem by processing a 10,000 row file successfully,
then concatenating 10,000 rows into one file twice.

> Thanks for your insight.
>
> Jeff
> <Mail Attachment.gif>
>

>> On Sep 24, 2015, at 8:40 PM, Aldrin Piri <aldrinpiri@gmail.com <mailto:aldrinpiri@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Jeff,
>>
>> This seems to be a bit different as the processor is showing data as having been
written and there is a listing of one FlowFile of 381 MB being transferred out from the processor.
 Could you provide additional information as to how data is not being sent out in the manner
anticipated?  If you can track the issue down more, let us know.  May be helpful to create
another message to help us track the issues separately as we work through them.

>> Thanks!
>>
>> Adam,
>>
>> Found a sizable JSON file to work against and have been doing some initial exploration.
 With the large files, it certainly is a nontrivial process.  At cursory inspection, a good
portion of processing seems to be spent on validation.  There are some ways to tweak the strictness
of this with the supporting library, but will have to dive in a bit more.

>> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 8:14 PM, Jeff <j.007ba7@gmail.com <mailto:j.007ba7@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> I’m having a very similar problem.  The process picks up the file, a custom processor
does it’s thing but no data is sent out.