nifi-users mailing list archives

From John McMahon <jmcma...@bericotechnologies.com>
Subject Re: Nifi Rest API Examples
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 21:54:56 GMT
I have been able to run my rest calls and get json data returned. I do
have a process for creating Json objects from those responses, but I see
there is the nifi API has object classes for successful returns.

For example, the /controller/about call returns a JSON with two entries
(revision and about) and according to the Rest API doc it could also be
an AboutEntity that has two properties with the same respective names.

But when I look at the About entity, it doesn't have a constructor to
use a JSON string to set the property values and create an instance of
the entity.

Is there a recommended approach for getting the response as the
respective Entity object for the rest call?

Also, I've tried some attempts to test Nifi's persistence when a data
flow is active. But I think the data flow I've created is too small or
simple as by the time I've disabled power the to mission, the data flow
has successfully run it's course. Are there any recommendations for ways
to test what happens to data within a data flow when nifi is suddenly
terminated?

I know there are four repositories in use, does the data in a data flow
get stored in any of these repositories when transitioning between
processors within a data flow? Does Nifi continue where it left off when
possible?

John