nifi-users mailing list archives

From Rick Braddy <rbra...@softnas.com>
Subject RE: NiFi Inspector
Date Sat, 22 Aug 2015 16:55:48 GMT
Ok, Joe.  Glad to help.

Two questions:

1. If I want to add the "Inspector" idea to the list of enhancement ideas, how would I go
about it?  It appears that the "Interactive Queue Management" items is quite broad and all-encompassing,
perhaps adding the more focused ideas around the Inspector would help to crisp things up a
bit.

2. What is the normal process for submitting suggestions?

Thanks
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Witt [mailto:joe.witt@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2015 11:25 AM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: NiFi Inspector

Totally on the same page Rick.

See here [1] for a listing of all our current feature proposals and here [2] for the one specific
to what you just mentioned.  Let us know if you think we should add more to that.  It is awesome
you're already at that point to be thinking of things like that.  Keep the feedback and ideas
coming!

Thanks
Joe

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/NiFi+Feature+Proposals
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Interactive+Queue+Management

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Rick Braddy <rbraddy@softnas.com> wrote:
> As I'm ramping up on NiFi and debugging more complex apps it's become apparent that a
more convenient way to inspect FlowFile streams is needed.

> I would propose a new FlowFile Inspector processor that can be inserted into a flow to
capture FlowFiles and display as a list in the UI directly, then when click on FlowFile in
the list opens up new "inspection" window to see attributes and content.