nifi-users mailing list archives

From Corey Flowers <cflow...@onyxpoint.com>
Subject Re: New to NiFi - Remote Process Group failing to connect due to "magic header" not present
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2015 20:46:05 GMT
Good afternoon Rick,

        Can you tell me the exact url line you have in your rpg?

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 15, 2015, at 4:12 PM, Rick Braddy <rbraddy@softnas.com> wrote:

Hi,

I’m new to NiFi, trying to get my first Remote Process Group configured and
working between two CentOS nodes.  For expediency, I have configured
site-to-site port to 8081 and set secure to false (to avoid dealing with
SSL certificate setup for now – will get to that later).

Trying to get two nodes to communicate using Remote Process Group.  Google
is not finding any useful examples of how to set this up and get it to
work, so kind of fumbling through it today (learning a lot, but slow going).

I found the nifil-app.log file and why the Remote Process Group is failing
to connect to the second node.  Not sure why the “Magic Header” isn’t
right, but connections are being closed and getting Read Timeouts on the
RPG sending node – the receiving NiFi node is closing the connection
because it thinks the sender isn’t a valid NiFi node due to
missing/incorrect magic header.

2015-08-15 13:28:08,939 ERROR [Site-to-Site Worker Thread-27]
o.a.nifi.remote.SocketRemoteSiteListener Unable to communicate with remote
instance null due to org.apache.nifi.remote.exception.HandshakeException:
Handshake with nifi://SoftNAS-RGB1:57336 failed because the Magic Header
was not present; closing connection

Not sure where to go from here to resolve this.

Rick