nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Bean <mark.o.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build error on nifi-site-to-site-client
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2020 18:49:32 GMT
Short answer: Java 11 build succeeded after upgrading to Java 11.0.7.

For anyone else that may find themselves in a similar situation, here are
some details. I used homebrew and jenv on MacOS to install adoptopenjdk.
Previously, I had openjdk 11.0.2 installed. I'm not sure if the root cause
was version 11.0.2 or the fact that it was OpenJDK versus AdoptOpenJDK.

Here is the process:

$ brew tap adoptopenjdk/openjdk
$ brew cask install adoptopenjdk11
$ /usr/libexec/java_home -V
Matching Java Virtual Machines (3):
    11.0.7, x86_64: "AdoptOpenJDK 11"
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-11.jdk/Contents/Home
    11.0.2, x86_64: "OpenJDK 11.0.2"
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/openjdk-11.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home
    1.8.0_241, x86_64: "Java SE 8"
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_241.jdk/Contents/Home

$ jenv add
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-11.jdk/Contents/Home
$ jenv global 11.0.7

I emptied my local maven repository and ran 'mvn clean install'
(single-threaded) to prevent any other possible issues. The build succeeded.

Thanks,
Mark