nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: kafka-clients version
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2020 13:49:51 GMT
Chris

In my experience with the clients the answer is a definite no.  An older
client will generally work (with important caveats at times) with a newer
broker.  A newer client will generally not work with an older broker.  At
the very least both major and minor version of the client matters so users
can appropriately map to their broker.

We just need to put out a 2.5 one now

thanks